Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend (05/26/12)

Hello Folks,

I wish you all a very nice and restful Memorial Day Weekend. Please keep in mind those who died while serving our country while in the armed forces.

I took a little drive with my wife and son this past Thursday to the newly constructed PPL Pequea Boat Launch. It was the first day that the ramp was "officially" opened to the public. It didn't appear that anyone had used the new launch yet. This may have been because the recent weather hasn't been the best and bass season is still closed on this portion of the Susquehanna River.

Here are some updated photos of the "new" PPL Pequea Boat Launch:

The Main Ramp looks big enough to have two boats side-by-side
2012-05-24114433

The smaller ramp is to the left and closest to the new Pequea Bridge
2012-05-24114417

2012-05-24114238

The next two pics will give you a perspective of the docks' sizes...
2012-05-24114356

2012-05-24114305

Our swimming pool is finally up and running. It looks very ice and Zach and I got into our swimming trunks and took a dip today. Well, I did cheat  bit by turning on the pool heater since the base temperature of the pool water was only 72 degrees! I got it to 81 degrees before venturing into the pool for the first time since I had my knee replaced last July.

A lot has happened in my life since my last swim in the pool. I just cannot imagine the amount of surgery and physical therapy I've been through in the past year. I am, however, blessed to be walking and swimming once again.

My left knee felt very tight as I tried to use it to push my body through the water. I did use the "Noodles" to give me buoyancy and my knee thanked me for it... :)

This weekend's weather is suppose to be rather warm and humid. We reached 88 degrees at pool side today and it is currently threatening to shower as I write this (5:47 pm) blog entry.

Have a great weekend and always remember...

Take Care and Be Safe!
Dad