Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Blast From The Past (05/22/12)

Hello Folks,

The newly upgraded PPL Pequea Boat Launch will reopen on Thursday, May 24, 2012. There will be two newly constructed ramps and docks for boaters to access the Susquehanna River from the Southern-end of Lancaster County.

This is great news since the metal bridge was removed and one of the Pequea Boat Ramps was taken away from public use two years ago.

Here is a "Blast From The Past" for all history buffs to enjoy...

Dismantling Of Metal Bridge at Pequea Creek

I remember that event as if it were yesterday. We now have a brand new bridge spanning the Pequea Creek and a new launch.

Life is Good!

Take care and Be Safe!
Dad

p.s. I had a 24-hr Holter Monitor put on me today. I'm having the old ticker checked out for continued and increasing palpitations. They were initially noticed during my stay in the hospital last July after my left knee was replaced. I am currently taking medication for arrhythmia since that time. I will have an echo-cardiogram dome tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get the green light go fishing for more smallmouth in a day or two!

I have a goal to get my jet rig on the water solo this Spring. We'll see how that goes.