Monday, August 9, 2010

A Few Moments on The Buzzbait - 08/09/10

Hello Folks,

I finally forced my self to get my lazy butt up this morning at 5:30 a.m. to go fishing. It's been over a week since I've fished and it was time!

I had prepared my tackle and gear on Sunday and was ready to hit the road after a quick breakfast.

I arrived at the ramp around 6:30 a.m. There was just one other boat departing from the dock when I arrived and the parking lot looked like a ghost town sans the tumbleweeds.

The water was close to top level for the lake and it was rather easy getting the boat off the trailer. That was good for me with my ailing right elbow.

I arrived at my spot around 6:45 a.m. and grabbed my buzzbait. I had my I-Kam video glasses along and had them up and running. I got one really great video which included one miss and three hookups on the Boogerman Buzzbait. However, my old computer is being stupid with me and wouldn't let me view it. I was able to download it to my son's computer and now I have the video stored. As soon as I figure out how to edit it down below ten minutes, I will get it up and running here from "You Tube."

The water temperature was 77.6 degrees on my Lowrance X-65. This is a four degree drop from last week's water temperature. Throughout the morning, I had a high of 78.5 degrees. There was a very slight breeze first thing this morning with a few passing clouds. The air temperature was pushing 70 degrees when I arrived and reached 90 degrees by 11:30 a.m. when I got off the water. Yowzer!

These hazy, hot, and humid temperatures are returning over the next few days. Because the air temperatures won't be falling much throughout the evening, we will most likely see the water temps start to rise this week.

I ended my fishing adventure with 8 bass. I had four that came to hand using the buzzbait, three on the spinnerbait, and one on the lipless crankbait.

I was rather disappointed in the lipless crankbait bite today. That lure is usually my "go to" lure in the moving waters just below the dam. But today, that bite was virtually non-existent.

Hopefully, I'll be on the water again tomorrow and we'll see what I can get going.

Until then, take care and remain safe on the water!