Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lake Aldred, Susquehanna River

Hello Folks,

I had a CAT Scan with contrast today at 9:30 a.m. and I wasn't able to get on the water until 11:30 a.m.

The river water temperature was 62.6 degrees on Lake Aldred. I did get readings above 63 degrees when I entered the back coves.

We had a bluebird sky with air temp pushing 80 degrees. There was a SSW wind blowing b/w 15-25 mph... It was definitely windy by 2:00 p.m. On the way back to the ramp, there were 2 foot rollers with white caps. (See video below)

I was able to eke out 5 bass in the four hours I fished. The water was rather dirty and the Safe Harbor Dam had the lake level about 2' to 3' above top level.

The PPL Pequea Access ramp was almost completely under water when I returned. Just the top 3 feet or so was out of water when I trailered my boat. They had raised the lake level another foot or so while I was out fishing.

I was able to catch 5 bass in the four hours I was on the water. The conditions were rather difficult and I had to work hard for each bite. The chrome/black back Cotton Cordell Super Spot, Big O crankbait, and the War Eagle 3/8th Green Shad brought fish to the boat.

The ride back to the ramp was rather tough. There was a SSW wind blowing against the current giving us 2 foot roller s and white caps. Check this out!

Cell Phone Cam:


I was able to record a couple of catches as I continued to practice using my I-Kam Xtreme video sunglasses. I was using a makeshift wind guard for my I-Kams. Here's the results:






I'm hoping to make it out on the water the next couple of days. Hopefully, I'll get a decent video for you all.

Take Care!
Dad