Monday, April 19, 2010

A Litle Rant to Let Off Steam

Hello Folks,

I had a family doctor's appointment today. I thought it was scheduled at 11:55 a.m. and when I arrived, I was told it was at 11:00 a.m. I was written down as a "NO SHOW". Excuse me, I had 11:55 a.m. in my appointment book and I was standing there at 11:30 a.m. in front of the receptionist. "Hello, I'm Here!"

I have been seeing this practice for 30+ years and I bet I can count on one hand the number of "No Shows" I've ever had in that time.

Anything to get a "free" dollar out of the working man.

I have seen folks in similar situations be told to have a seat and they would work them in. For me... Nothing.

I have been contemplating leaving this practice for quite some time. A couple of years ago, the founding physician decided to retire. The practice kept his name and he became a consultant with the "company" that bought him out.

I am sitting here and wondering what practices or should I call them "medical businesses" will do once free health care goes into effect. Will the government stand for paying big "medical businesses" money for a patient's "No Show"? I'm having an extremely hard time thinking that they will.

Oh well, enough of that. I'm going to try to get on the water a few times this week as the temperature rises and the wind dies down some. It's been awful windy since the end of March, 2010.

Take Care and thank you for bearing with me,
Dad