Thursday, January 28, 2010

My G3 is Back in the Garage!

My winter boat maintenance is now done and the G3 is back safe and sound in my garage. I took my boat to Lakeside Marine in Harrisburg, Pa. on January 4, 2010 and told JC Nuss to take his time on the work. I was in no big hurry to get on the water after spending six days in the hospital. I picked it up yesterday, January 27, 2010.

The following work was completed:
1. Oil changed in the 4-Stroke 115/80 Yamaha
2. Filter in water separator changed
3. The trolling motor was repaired under warranty - armature replaced
4. The auto-bilge was not functioning. There was a wire corroded and needed replaced.
5. Rod straps were placed on my front deck.
6. My steering and throttle cables were checked and adjusted
7. Plug cover for one outlet was replaced.
8. Replaced tell tale water hose (water stream) that was damaged.
9. Routine trailer check with replaced wheel bearing, both seals, and packed.
10. Adjusted trolling motor steering cables.
11. Necessary lubes used.

Cost ran around $345 which is great for the amount of labor and supplies needed to get the job done. Now I'm prepared to tackle yet another season of hard smallie fishing!

A big thank you to my buddy, JC Nuss, and Lakeside Marine for the work they did in prepping my rig for this coming season!

dad