Friday, April 19, 2013

Fishing Adventure With Josh Postponed Today (04/19/13)

Hello Folks,

I had plans to go fishing today with my "Wednesday" fishing partner, Josh Kreider. Since Josh has taken a job as a cross-country trucker, we have seen very little of each other. So, today was going to be a special fishing adventure with some catching up, for sure.

Josh needed to get a few new batteries and a new charger for his jet rig. So, I volunteered to take my G3 1860 DLX out on the water for the first time since I had my knee surgery back in February.

My oldest granddaughter was participating in a fashion show last evening. The fashion show was a fund raiser for a local clothing thrift shop in Quarryville, Pa. Julie and I arrived at 5:30 p.m. and the show ended at 9:15 p.m. Whew! Yes, it was a long time, but well worth it when you get to see your beautiful granddaughter having such a wonderful time.

On our way home, we stopped at our local Weiss Market to pick up some food and snacks for the fishing trip. As I sat in my vehicle waiting for Julie to return from shopping, I took note to the American Flag standing straight out from the pole at our local PNC Bank. I was once told that it takes about a 20+ mph wind to do that... 20 mph winds and me on the water controlling my boat for the first time since my February 11th surgery. Hmmm... Let me think about this!

I took out my phone and checked the forecast for Friday. 20-30 mph sustained winds... That's all I needed to see, plus the chance of showers with T-storms later in he day, which we are now getting at 7:30 p.m.

I called Josh on my cell phone and said, "I'm not going." Josh was in 100% agreement. I know how much he hates running his own rig and fishing in heavy winds. It also gave him another morning to sleep in and rest since he and Rachel were heading to the mountains for the weekend.

Josh wants to get out before the closed season on bass arrives, May 1st. This extends from the fabri-dam at Sunbury, Pa. to the Holtwood Dam from May1 to June 14, 2013. Why? In order to protect the spawning smallmouth and largemouth bass during this crucial stage of their life cycle.

I'm hoping to get Josh out on the river next weekend. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for us.

Boston, Mass.  - My thoughts and prayers go out to all who were injured and died during the bombing at the Boston Marathon. As of today, the authorities have captured one of the suspected bombers and the other, his brother, is still on the run. Let's pray that he is captured soon and we can all breath a sigh of relief.

Keep the families of the deceased and injured in your prayers during this very difficult time.

West, Texas - What a tragedy! So many people have died and many more have lost their homes and businesses in the fertilizer plant explosion. This is such dangerous material to work with. God bless the fireman and police who responded to the initial fire. Going into such a dangerous environment is so very risky.

My prayers are with the entire community.

Take Care and Be Safe
Dad