Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'm Always Impressed! 12.08.10

Hello Folks,

Fishing has been at a standstill with this nasty cold weather we are now having in the Northeast. This morning was the coldest so far with the temperature dropping to 18 degrees. This is not our typical December temperature. In fact, we are close to 15 degrees off our norm.

It does give me time to reflect on the past year's fishing and to prepare for when I get back out on the water. If the weather breaks some, I may try it soon.

I applied form my Pa. C-class certificate on the one 20.25" bass I caught in November, 2010. We have 60 days to submit an application for a "Catch and Release" citation. We must also have a picture accompany the application.

Photobucket

I started to only do this over the past four years. As luck has it, I've been able to submit each year since I began. Hopefully, this good fortune will continue for many years to come.

I am also assisting coaching basketball which I have done now as a volunteer at the Penn Manor School District in Millersville, Pa. I assist all levels and concentrate on the junior high and especially the 9th grade team. Our last year's team was undefeated and only lost one game in the three years that we coached them... Unbelievable!

So, why am I amazed? Well, let me tell you. I haven't printed much here in the past month and yet today was one of my highest visitor numbers. And what I really find impressive is where my blog visitors hail from. Check out my last 20 visitors and their locations:

1
Unknown
2
United States Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania
3
Unknown
4
Australia Sydney, New South Wales
5
United States Metairie, Louisiana
6
Unknown
7
Unknown
8
United States Mountain View, California
9
United States Minneapolis, Minnesota
10
United States Wentzville, Missouri
11
United States Chantilly, Virginia
12
United States Killeen, Texas
13
United States Columbus, Indiana
14
Brazil Rio De Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro
15
Italy Rome, Lazio
16
Japan Tokyo
17
United States Butler, Pennsylvania
18
United States
19
United States North Las Vegas, Nevada
20
United States Mountain View, California

Many from around the globe visit in search of fishing for smallmouth bass. That, my friends, is exciting to me.

Thank you to all who visit me whether it be your initial meeting or visits from my many "returners".

Be safe and careful. I hope to see you real soon.

Dad