Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fishing Lake Aldred, Saturday 12.11.10

Hello Folks,

I wasn't sure if I would be able to get out on the water today because we were picking up our new computer... Yahoo! This thing is fast.

After breakfast and grocery shopping, I packed a lunch and hooked the boat up. I eventually left the house by 11:30 a.m. and was on the water by noon.

There was frozen water in and around the launch... slushy machine time for my outboard jet. :)

The water was that milky cold green... typical coloration for this lake after a cold and rainy spell. There was a lot of debris floating downriver. The water temp was 32.5 degrees and didn't get above 33 degrees all day.

The air temperature was suppose to be in the low to mid-40's... Yea, sure! The highest air temp I had on the water was 35.2 degrees.

Although I was primed for fishing, the bass were not cooperating at all. I fished in water depths from 10' to 15' and didn't get a single tap. Disappointing, but somewhat expected after the weather we've had.

The power plants lowered the water level about 4' on the lake around 1:30 p.m. and shortly after, began to raise it right before I returned to the ramp at 3:00 p.m. That also made it very difficult to judge the location of the bass... pulled out or uptight.

The water was dropping to the level that I caught those two C-class fish a couple of weeks ago. I thought this drop may be what is needed to turn the fish on as it did before, but I was wrong.

I ran to two other wintering locations and basically had the same luck... None!

Despite my failure to hook up today, I was lucky enough to see one of the mature bald eagles land on a high tree point about 50 yd. from me. Cool beans!

I did take some pics and will add them here after I get the programs added to my computer.

Air Temp at Launch... Noontime
Photobucket

Just left ramp and exiting the creek under the RR Bridge
Photobucket

Just outside the RR Bridge, I was met by a solid sheet of ice.
Photobucket
This was the water temperature at my first fishing spot.
Photobucket

Dad