Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ahhhh... The Day After Christmas 2010

Hello Folks,

I hope each and everyone of you had a "Very Merry Christmas". I am sitting at my computer and listening to a Christmas Channel I created on Pandora... Beautiful music of the season.

There are many who visit "Fishing With Dad" who do not celebrate Christmas. To you, I hope that the season has been kind to you and your loved ones. May the New Year bring joy and prosperity.

Many blog visitors who live in our Southern states woke up to snow yesterday! Atlanta, Ga. (Weather Channel) hasn't had snow for Christmas Day in over 120 yrs. That is a long, long time not to have a White Christmas. I bet there were a lot of "White Christmas" (Bing Crosby) albums being played by my Southern brethren.

Since Christmas Day is my birthday, I awoke to a "Christmas Birthday Breakfast". My wife and two of my three sons decorated the kitchen with a large "Happy Birthday" sign and doughnuts with lit candles... LOL! There were noise makers and small festive decorations on the kitchen table declaring "Happy Birthday, Dad". My sons got me a gift certificates for Fandango, since they know I love attending movies, and the Susquehanna Fishing Tackle shop... Perfect for a Fisherman!

We then ate breakfast of eggs and bacon with a Birthday Doughnut and coffee.

Afterward, we all moved into the living room and gathered near the Christmas Tree to open our Christmas gifts... Yeah! :)

It was a beautiful and sunny morning here in Willow Street, Pa.

At 10:30 a.m., we packed up the relative's gifts and headed over to my middle brother's home to celebrate Christmas. My oldest son, his wife, and our two beautiful granddaughters came over to his home. Also gathering were my oldest brother, his wife, and one of four sons, his wife and 6 month old son also joined us. Phew! That wasn't easy to write, but I don't think I missed anyone!

My oldest brother's remaining three sons and their families were scattered throughout the USA... Las Vegas, Nevada and Chicago, Illinois.

After the gift exchange (Youngest to Oldest), we visited with one another until my oldest brother and his family left for their in-laws. Now it was time to turn to our Christmas meal... Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Corn, and hot buns. All cooked by my single brother... Did I mention mashed potatoes? He just loves his mashed potatoes. Maybe it's the Irish in him. :)

We returned home around 3:00 p.m. and spent our Christmas evening sitting in the living room by the Christmas Tree and watching some great basketball games. I was really excited about the Miami Heat and the Lakers match up. Man, did the Heat take control of that game early and they never let up. The Heat played great defense. Kobe was visibly frustrated, especially after losing their last game by 19 pt. There was some jawing and smack talking between Kobe and Lebron James. I love it!

I am looking forward to this week at home with my wife. She's on vacation and it's getting ready to snow here 6-10" according to the forecast. No fishing for awhile!

Take Care and Happy Holiday!
Dad