Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rain Sweet Rain - 08/12/10

Hello Folks,

I woke up last night around 3:00 a.m. and felt lousy. My right elbow, the one with the torn tendon, and my right hand were just killing me and probably were the reason I awoke. The first thing I thought was that maybe I was laying on them wrong as I slept. But the pain didn't subside much as I laid awake and watched some late night t.v.

The weatherman was calling for t-storms later today, but I knew different. My wife awoke for a few minutes and I said to her, "Honey, it's going to be raining by morning." She mumbled something about "loving me" and "go back to sleep." She then rolled over and fell sound asleep. It must be nice... LOL.

I turned on the Weather Channel and there it was, a cold front was slowly moving down through our state from the NW. There were t-storms and showers out in front of it.

Ah-ha! Rain was on the way. Never fear, my body knows when the barometric pressure is dropping and it's going to rain.

We have been having drought-like conditions with several heat waves (90+ temperatures for at least 3 days in a row) since our last good soaking rain. It looked like we were going to get some much needed rain over the next two days.

I finally fell back to sleep and awoke at 5:00 a.m. when my wife's alarm went off for work. It was not yet raining, but it was very, very close. By the time she headed out the door at 6:00 a.m., t-storms and a good downpour were taking place.

A stalled cold front was sitting over the middle of the state and we were about to get a decent amount of rain... GOOD!

It all reminds me of Luke Bryan's song "Rain Is A Good Thing." It certainly is!

Take care,
Dad