Saturday, June 26, 2010

Winco's Custom Lures - Pro Staff

Hello Folks,

My good friend and fellow angler, Al Winco, and I have collaborated over the past two years in bringing you some of the finest custom lures available. Al has taken this one step further by offering me a position as a Pro Staff member for Winco's Custom Lures. Photobucket

Al understands that I never mislead my friends and acquaintances on the lures that I use. In fact, if you go back over the past year of blog entries, you will see several that have related to Al's lures.

This past spring, he put forth a lot of effort in developing one of the softest and most flexible tubes I have seen for a 4" size. He calls it the Winco 'Tastee Tube'. If you go back to my May 20, 2010 blog, you will see that I caught a beautiful 19.25" on a prototype of this tube.

You see, I have the easiest job of all, I field test Al's lures in the areas I fish. We discuss the results and then he has the tough job of improving the product to our liking. It takes an lot of time, money, and commitment to come up with a lure that satisfies Al's standard of excellence.

Now, I'm not saying this because I'm now on Al's Pro Staff. No way! I have known Al as a friend and have fished with him either in my jet rig or nearby him on the North Branch as he puts the time and effort into the development of his lures.

Hopefully, I'll be able to show you some of the successful Winco's Custom Lures in future blogs. I have already shown the successes of the Bronze Bush Whacker (Short Arm) Spinner Baits and the Tastee Tubes in past blogs.

You can visit Al at Winco's Custom Lures . He has a large selection of fresh and saltwater lures available.

Dad