Monday, June 28, 2010

Basketball Camp, Monday (6/19) - Thursday (6/22)

Hello Folks,

I will be participating as a coach at our local high school basketball program summer camp for kids from 3rd grade through 8th grade. The camp runs two sessions. Session #1 is for the younger kids and runs from *;00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

The afternoon session is for the middle school kids and runs from Noon to 3:00 p.m.

Boy was it hot inside the gym today! We had record tying heat yesterday and the humidity was unbearable. The school was closed down all weekend and the a/c turned off. So you can imagine what it felt like inside the building this morning when we arrived at 7:00 a.m. to start setting up.

Part of the program that I enjoy is that J.V. and Varsity players participate as "counselors" to the younger bball players. These younger kids really do look up to the counselors as role models. The older players receive community service hours towards their graduation requirements. It's a win-win situation for everyone involved!

I will not be on the water during the day at least until Friday. I may get out in the evening later this week if my body can withstand the beating it takes standing and moving on the hardwood all day. I am extremely sore in my feet and hips this evening... Who would have known I'd feel this way?

The Susquehanna River is holding at 3.5' in Harrisburg, Pa. Every drop of a 10th is a 1.2" drop. I don't foresee any major rain event(s) in the next few days. That means the river will most likely drop to it's typical summertime low of around 3.1' in a week or so. That will reduce the areas to access by the jet rig.

So, look forward to some more fishing reports in a few days or so!

Dad