Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sorry!

Hello Folks,

I'm sorry for the lack of reports this past week, but the weather here has been horrible. Not only have we had winds with gusts up to 48 mph, but we have had rain after rain after rain showers.

I'm not opposed to rain showers per se, but rain along with wind that makes the rain horizontal sort of gets to me.

I had a buddy and his friend who were out on Monday in the Middletown, Pa. area and they only managed to catch one smallmouth (15") in the four hours they survive on the water. The winds were terrible, but the sky was sunny with a few passing clouds. They got on the water around 9:00 a.m. and were off and eating lunch by 1:15 p.m. Their decision to leave the fishing was based on the low catch rate and the high winds... I don't blame them. In fact, I was suppose to fish with him and told him the night before that we'll do it on a much better day. He decided to brave the elements and the results were poor!

Better weather will be returning this weekend and the temperatures will be rising to more seasonal highs.

So, hang tight and I'll be back with on-going smallmouth fishing reports and videos from the Susquehanna River soon.

Dad