Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fishing With Steveinpa 05/19/10

Hello Folks,

I was sitting at the chiropractor's office getting a treatment when I got a call from Steveinpa asking me what the condition of the water was. I asked him if he was planning on heading out to fish because that's what I was planning to do as soon as I broke free. He said he had his boat loaded and ready to go, but was waiting to hear what I had to say.

So, we made arrangements to meet up at the ramp. I needed to go home first and pick up my tackle and gear since I already had my boat prepped and ready to go out fishing for the day.

No big deal... I got home and loaded the car and off I went. I met Steve around 10:45 a.m. and we were off to a favorite grass bed where Dell and I had caught six bass on Monday.

The grass bed didn't let us down. We had six bass on tubes before we packed up and moved on. Steve picked up this nice 17.5" within his first few cast... Nice!

Photobucket

Check out the dorsal fin on Steve's bass. It was broken and the front half was missing some pieces... I thought maybe a bird got hold of it while it was growing(?).

The sky was overcast and the water temp was in the upper 50's. There was a northeast breeze blowing and the water was dingy on the east shoreline and nicer towards the middle and as Steve put it "Big Bass Color" on the west shoreline.

We hit a couple of Steve's favorite spots, but the water quality wasn't the best and we decided to move onto an eddy behind the front end of a nearby island. Sure enough, we nailed a few more bass there.

Once we finished with this spot, we headed further north to a shoreline eddy that is a great spring hole. we proceeded to nail our last four fish of the day. Although we didn't know that, we did move onto three more spots where we tossed spinnerbaits without a hit.

It was 2:00 p.m. and time to call it a day. So, we packed up our great and tackle and headed back to the ramp.

We ended our three hour outing with 14 bass. The biggest being Steve's 17.5". Here's a nice healthy 14" chunk I caught off the one grass bed.

Photobucket

I believe Steve has been studying abstract photography because I found this pic tucked away on my camera. I think he caught his finger on the lens quite well as I was preparing to release the smallie back into the water. Great Shot, Steve!

Photobucket

Take Care!
Dad