Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Storm of February 5-6, 2010

Another snow storm swept through our county last evening and into today. It was the third and, by far, the biggest of this past week. It started to snow around 4:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon while I was attending our varsity basketball game and eventually stopped this afternoon around 2:00 p.m. - A 10 hour event!

I ran my snow blower and shoveled three times with the help of my wife and youngest son.

We had the snow pretty well cleaned off when we went to bed at 10:00 p.m., only to find another 2' of freshly fallen snow when we awoke at 5:00 a.m. Once daybreak came, I was outside to start my second round of removing snow from my driveway, walkway, and vehicles. It took the three of us a good 90 minutes to complete the task... front and back of home.

Now it was time to play! We took my 4X4 F150 out to breakfast. Only one restaurant was opened here in Willow Street, Pa. After a hearty breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage, OJ, and coffee, the three of us headed over to see my adorable little granddaughter, Macie.

Macie is now 9 months old and crawling all over the place. She is even speaking her first words and can say "BABY" pretty well. I was on the floor playing with her and kept telling her to say, "Pop Pop" until she blurted it out as plain as day! "Pop Pop!" She' my little cutie pie!

We stopped on the way home in Millersville, Pa. at Nino's for a mushroom chicken cheese steak and some onion rings... Hmmmm... greasy onion rings! :-)

When we returned home, it was Round 3 for our snow removal. There was another 6" on the ground, but our task was a bit lighter than it was earlier this morning.

Here is what we are seeing here in Willow Street, Pa. this afternoon after the Nor'easter:

Our Driveway and Three Vehicles... all ready to roll!
Photobucket

You can see how deep the snow is at our walkway.
Photobucket

The four neighbor boys built a cool snow fort.
Photobucket

The snowy view from our living room...
Photobucket

My sad boat sitting in the cold, cold garage looking out on a wintry scene... Think Spring!
Photobucket

As you can see by the picture above, I have my priorities straight - The boat is in the garage and all our vehicles are outside on the driveway. The way God intended it to be! LOL!

Super Bowl Sunday is tomorrow, February 7, 2010! I'm rooting for the Colts to beat the Saints. It would be nice to see the Saints win their first ever championship, though, especially after what all those New Orleans residents have been through since Hurricane Katrina.

Either way, I'm looking forward to a great football game!

Got my snacks all planed out and ready to go!
1. Beef BBQ
2. Chicken Wings
3. Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce
4. Nachos with Salsa and Spinach Dips
5. Variety of Cheeses and Dipping Mustard
6. Pickles and Olives
7. Favorite Drinks

We are prepared for a great game on a cold wintry afternoon.

To all you Easterners who took on the nor'easter snow storm this weekend, be careful and safe in all you do.

dad