Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Lovely Wife!

Hello Folks,

Please join me in wishing my lovely wife, Julie, in celebrating her birthday today, January 17, 2010!

We met in 1973 while students at Millersville State College (Millersville University, Pa.). She was a Junior and I was a sophomore... Cougar! LOL

We dated for four years before marrying on October 22, 1977.

It's hard to believe that we have been together for over 36 years. I tease her by saying, "I've known you longer now than I didn't know you!" Scary thought... :-)

We had three home-grown children. However, our first child and only daughter, Amanda Marie, died after only 15 days with us. It was devastating, but we were able to deal with the grief of her loss together and moved on. We adopted a beautiful baby boy from Costa Rica six months after my wife gave birth to our first son. Now, we had two babes in our home and it's never been quiet since!

Five years later, we were blessed with our youngest son.

My wife is a loving mother and a fantastic wife. She has always been a worker and has over 31 years in at the Kellogg Company of Lancaster, Pa. She definitely puts the "Snap, Crackle, and Pop!" in my mornings... :-)

She's an angel for putting up with me and all that dang fishing I do. Actually, she is an outdoor girl and loves to fish almost as much as me... almost! ;-)

Happy birthday, Honey!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love,
dad