Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Got Our Decemeber 2009 Smallmouths In The Boat Today

I wasn't sure if I would be fishing this week with Josh or not. We had spoken over the weekend and he had another person scheduled to fish with him. However, that fell through and he called yesterday to ask me what I was doing on Tuesday. "I guess I'm fishing with you!" :)

We wanted to travel north and realized that we needed to leave early for the the morning bite. So, we planned to meet at his apartment. Usually, we eat at the Mt. Joy Diner before heading out, but this morning, Josh wanted to cook in... Well, okay!

He told me he had a favorite morning dish that he often cooks up. If I wanted something else, he'd cook that, too. "No... I want to experience your favorite homemade breakfast dish, buddy!"

Boy, am I glad he cooked today. We were all dragging at my home this morning, but I knew I had a great breakfast awaiting me at my buddy's place.

I arrived at Josh's apartment around 5:20 a.m. and found Josh "slaving away" by a hot stove.

Photobucket

Within a few minutes, he was serving up this hearty breakfast of eggs, onions, peppers, ham, and bacon... Hmmmmmmmm!

Photobucket

Here's what the final Chef BoyarKreider favorite homemade breakfast looked like all laid out on my breakfast plate before I devoured it in toto... What a deal!

Photobucket

What a great way to start off the morning fishing trip. A Good Friend with Good Food and Good Conversation!

We left the apartment around 6:20 a.m. and headed to an "on-the-way" Sheetz for coffee and gasoline for the truck.

The morning low hit 29 degrees on Josh's truck thermometer as we drove to the river... Egad! It was slightly overcast, but the sun made off and on appearances throughout the entire day. The water temp was a low 43.7 degrees and didn't rise at all while we were fishing.

We fished from 7:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. I needed to be off the water by 1:00 p.m. in order to make basketball practice.

It was a atypical slow day of fishing. We only were able to boat 6 bass overall. All came on jigging soft plastics very slowly and keeping close contact with the bottom.

Here was the biggest fish we had all day long. It was an 18", 3+ lber... A chunk!

Photobucket

We were back on the road home by 1:00 p.m. Josh truck made a quick stop at McDonald's for "Lunches for Champions"... The Angus Deluxe and a 20 piece nugget! I made it to bball practice in plenty of time today. What a great way to stay busy on a cold day... fishing and bball!

Thanks to my buddy, Josh. The breakfast was fantastic. Girls, this guy is gong to make one fine husband someday.

dad