Saturday, November 28, 2009

Getting into the spirit...

My wife finally had a day off of work and we spent the whole day together. After rising, we headed to an early breakfast at our favorite greasy spoon. She wanted to go shopping and to a movie today. So while at breakfast, we planned our full day.

We have most of our Christmas shopping completed... yepper, I said "completed". We headed to The Park City Center looking for great Thanksgiving Saturday Sales. Our first stop was at Kohl's. I love to shop at Kohl's. I see them as a department store that knows how to get rid of their inventory... create great savings for their customers. Today was no exception! Not only did we purchase a little over $150, but we received $30 in Kohl Cash vouchers. That's right, we got an additional $30 to spend on more gifts.

My gift for Christmas from my wife was a Fuji waterproof camera. I didn't want anything too fancy or too expensive. We found a great deal at just $129! Perfect for taking pics on the boat and not fearing I'll destroy the camera due to rain... Like this past Friday on the Susquehanna River in the rain. It's good up to 10M submerged and I don't need anything that goes any deeper.

After shopping at PC, we attended a showing of "The Blindside". This is the story of Michael Oher who plays right tackle and then later moved to left tackle for the Baltimore Ravens after a teammates injury. He was taken from his mother for her drug abuse and he wondered from foster home to foster home always running away to find his mother. By high school, he was homeless and was taken in by a well-to-do family. Their care for him carried him into the NFL. It was a very touching and poignant story.

We got home around 3:30 p.m. and ate leftovers from our Thanksgiving feast. We still have real mince meat pie and pumpkin pie to devour yet. :-)

Now, it's time to settle back and relax, watching television, and enjoying each others company.

Mom has to work once again tomorrow. So, I plan to hit the river again for a day of smallie fishing... Imagine that!

Hope to bring you another great report tomorrow... I'm hoping to add pictures, but my old digital camera has seen better days. I'm now using a rubber band to hold the battery case closed. She was a good camera!