Thursday, September 24, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice... Tough Day, 09/24/09

It was a tough day on the water today. We had a front move through last evening that was accompanied by thunderstorms. This front extended from above Harrisburg, Pa. all the way into Md.

The first thing I noticed when I got on the water was that the water temp went up 2 degrees. It was reading just under 68 degrees. The clarity was good despite the rain and the swollen creeks.

Only a couple of smaller bass came in on the crankbait. That was it, but I got a lot of practice casting! ;)

The winds picked up in mid-morning from the NW. It was really humid and moist outside. My boat was dry because I store it in my garage. I stopped for breakfast and within 30 minutes everything was damp. I knew this would happen and put my vest and Sirius in the truck cab.

I tossed everything today and the crankbait was the only lure to attract any attention. These fish were comatose!

I spoke to a walleye angler who I had met last week and he was tossing the same worm for the past 30 minutes w/o a single hit.. no walleyes, bass, rock bass, catties, or sunnies... nothing. That's pretty bad.

I had to pack up and leave early today to get my flu shot. It was a good thing, too, because it gave me a valid excuse to leave!

dadTB