Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Post 1:00 p.m. Explosion on The River 09/14/09

Josh (SMallieman) Kreider told me that he and his brother had a lot of fun on the river last evening. So, I forced myself to go fishing today... :)

I arrived at the ramp around 7:00 a.m. and I was the only trailer in the parking lot... great!

It was a rather slow morning for me with only a couple of small fish. The water temp was 66.8 degrees at launch time and it rose to 68.6 degrees by 2:00 p.m. The air temp was 61 degrees as I drove to the ramp and rose to 82 degrees according to my truck thermometer. It was a gorgeous day on the river, but a bit breezy with the winds blowing over 15 mph. The weatherman called for on 5-10... yea, sure!

I nailed the following fish all after 1:00 p.m. and in a mater of 30 minutes!

18.5" (3.75 lb)
Photobucket

19" (4 lb)
Photobucket

Here's another 18+"
Photobucket

All these fish came off a crankbait bite!

Check out the tail of the 19" bass. It looked very sore and actually was bleeding... parasites? (pis is a little blurry because she started to move) :(
Photobucket
Otherwise, she seemed perfectly healthy.

dadTB