Saturday, June 13, 2009

Elbow Surgery 06-12-09

Once again, I was put under for surgery. I've had some terrible luck over the past 10 years or so with my joints and arthritis. This surgery was just one of many I've experienced. I've now had 6 different joint issues cared for since February '09!

I'm not sure how long I will be off fishing from this one. But you know me,I'll be out there as soon as possible.

My surgery wasn't until 1:00 p.m. and I needed to be at the Lancaster Surgical Center by 11:30 a.m. I know one thing and that is the personnel at the Surgical Center is A-1! These folks treat me with the utmost respect and I certainly appreciate that.

When you go into a facility knowing that you will be listened to and cared for, it takes a lot of the anxiety away.

My surgeon was Dr. Peart from the Lancaster Orthopedic Group (LOG) on Lancaster, Pa. He is the third professional on staff that has cared for me in the past year... Dr. Kuntz, hand/wrist, and Dr. Lyet, hips. All of these professionals have done a wonderful job and I would like to thank them here on my blog.

I had to return to the LOG office today to have my surgical bandage changed. I have four arthroscopic incisions in my elbow and they all looked pretty good. I can remove the wrappings in five days and get my arm wet once again.

I love arthroscopic surgeries! They are less intrusive and you recover in a much quicker fashion.

Hope to be on the water real soon. I've may even get to "just ride along" until I am ready to cast again.

dadTB