Saturday, October 11, 2008

10_11_08

Hello Bloggers,

It's been some time since I posted last. Since that time, I've been able to catch two more 20" bass on the Susquehanna River. One actually measured 21" long and was caught on a buzzbait... Imagine that!

The river has risen once since my last post, but quickly began to fall after only three days. It is just as low as it was back in August 2008 when I wrote my last blog entry.

Fall is now upon us and the shad will be moving out of the cooler waters and into the shallow and warmer waters of the feeder creeks. Currently, we have the water temps in the upper 50's and low 60's. We are beginning to see a slight increase in hard bodied jerkbait bites. Although, the best is yet to come for the fall.

Here are a few fish that I've caught since my last blog. Enjoy!

dad

This huge 20.25" smallmouth was caught with a buzzbait in approximately a foot of water. I could follow her path to the buzzbait as she came from behind a lay down with a small branch sticking up in the air. She looked like a small submarine pushing water in front of her.
Photobucket

This smallie measured 21" and is my biggest pigbeast of the 2008 season. I caught using a 1/2 oz lipless crankbait.
Photobucket