Sunday, October 25, 2015

Upcoming Spinal MRI

Hello Folks,

It has been over a month since I last wrote to "Fishing With Dad". I have been trying to exercise the best I can with my Catrike Villager Trike on the river trails along the Susquehanna River. I last rode this past Wednesday on the Northwest Trail from the Riverfront Park Boat Launch off of Rt. 441 to Decateur Street, Marietta, Pa. The round trip took about 5.5 miles in just under an hour. Afterward, I was extremely sore in my left replaced knee and I developed an acute sciatic back pain on my drive home that ran down into my right leg... "Enough is Enough!"

I arranged an appointment with my spinal surgeon, Dr. Louis Marotti. Dr. Marotti did the fusion on my L5(6)S1 back in 2013. I had instant relief and was pleased with the work that he had done. Over the past few months, thing have deteriorated. So this past Friday, I visited with Dr. Marotti and he arranged for an update MRI (with and without contrast) for my lower lumbar at the MRI Group on the Lancaster General Health Pavilion/Campus. This will take place on Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. I have to be there by 6:30 p.m. to complete my paperwork. an MRI usually takes about 40 - 45 minutes long.

I want to thank all my fishing buddies for all they have personally done for me over the past years. But I truly think my days of fishing are over...

I will keep "Fishing With Dad" updated on my MRI results and what the good doctor wants to do as a follow-up to the MRI. He mentioned possibly more physical therapy or epidural spinal injections. If my spine has deteriorated above and /or below the fusion site, he may want to increase the fusion... I trust his opinion and hope for the best results. 

Take Care and Be Safe,
Dad