Monday, August 5, 2013

Soon... I'll Be Back Out On The Water (08/05/2013)

Hello Folks,

The weather has been gorgeous... So why haven't I been on the river fishing? I had plans to fish with Dell Jackson on Friday, August 3. We were going to meet at my home and head down to the PPL Pequea Boat Launch for a morning of fishing. The weather was calling for a "pre-front" system which is usually a very good time to fish in the summer months. Dell was going to be at my home by 6:30 a.m.

I awoke at 5:30 a.m. and felt terrible! I've been sick the week before with a serious stomach virus and thought I was completely over it... Wrong! Dr. Rosenberg, my gastroenterologist, gave me some anti-nausea medication last Thursday and even that didn't do the job.

So, I tried to call Dell at 5:40 a.m. and didn't get through to him. I finally reached him at 6:00 a.m. and before he left the house to come to my home.

Ever since, I have been fighting off this bug. It takes me a good hour or so after awaking to feel better. I have been able to attend open gyms for the Penn Manor junior high basketball team on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I'm drained in the couple of hours I spend with the boys.

I finally felt like I passed everything yesterday... and started to feel a bit better... until this afternoon. I took a short nap and I am now heading out the door to Open Gym... Our last week until September.

Julie and I will be going to Wildwood,Crest, NJ on Sunday for a few days. The weather looks decent in the extended forecast. It's been more than two years since we had a vacation... Too many surgeries and illnesses in between has kept us at home.

I started the ablation process for my lower back... I had one test this past Friday and will have my second test this coming Friday before we schedule the actual nerve ablation. Last week's test went well and I got some relief for a few hours. I am hoping for similar results this coming Friday.

Take Care and Be Safe!
Dad