Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Loving Wife! 01/17/11

Hello Folks,

Today is my wife's birthday. We actually started celebrating yesterday with a trip to Outback Steakhouse, bloke. :)

Julie, Zach, and I had a "Bloomin' Onion", steaks and shrimp on the barbie, and shared a "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under". What a great meal to begin herweekend birthday celebration!

Julie and Zach at Outback Steakhouse
Photobucket

We came home and relaxed around the television watching the two playoff football games. Since our Philadelphia Eagles are no longer in the hunt, we are waiting to see which teams move on to the Super Bowl before picking a "winner'.

My daughter-in-law is a Pittsburgh Steeler fan, but we don't hold that against her... LOL! In fact, she had my two little granddaughters dressed in Steeler gear for their game against the Ravens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This morning, we had to take my wife's Ford Taurus to the garage for inspection. They also cleaned her brakes and fuel line, as well as, replaced her fuel filter. While the car work was being done, we walked to a local restaurant where my son paid for our breakfast.

I teased my wife after breakfast. I told her that I thought that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach. But in the past two days, she has been taken to two different meals... LOL!

After breakfast, we walked the local mall and did some shopping. The work on the car took about 2.5 hours...

We are now back home and preparing for the wintry mix that the weatherman is calling for... Oh, Boy! Sometime around midnight, the snow will begin to fall. Sleet is expected by 3:00 a.m. as the temperature falls and then it will turn to freezing rain. All rain will develop as the temperature begins to rise before 9:00 a.m. It should all be out of here by the afternoon.

I spoke with Jeff (CHRGD) yesterday and we are possibly looking at Wednesday (might be breezy) for fishing the Susquehanna River. Our last planned trip was halted due to flowing ice chunks and slush. Outboard jet motors do not do well in ice and slush. The slush clogs up the jet tubing, exhaust tube, and boot leaving the boat dead in the water.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the ramp is ice free by Wednesday and we can get a few hours of fishing in before the 20 degree weather returns by Thursday.

Once again, Happy Birthday, my Julie, and many, many more!

Take care,
Dad