Friday, April 2, 2010

Doctors, Doctors, and More Doctors

Hello Folks,

I had two doctor appointments this week. On Thursday, I had the second spinal epidural injection with steroid for lower back pain. This is actually my fourth three shot series over the past five years. A successful series will last 6-7 months. My last 3-shot series last over a year! I was very happy with the outcome of those and I am hoping for the same with this current series.

Today, I visited the orthopedic doctor who worked on my arthritic elbow last June. Six weeks ago, he gave me a cortisone shot in my right elbow. I had surgery on that elbow last June and it began to swell once again about two months ago.

The cortisone shot really helped and the swelling has completely went away!

I've been using a wrist and elbow wrap when out fishing. Every now and then, you may see one of those wrap show themselves in a photo or two. If you were ever wondering, that's why I use them.

The weather here in South Central Pennsylvania has been gorgeous over the past three days and will continue through the Easter Holiday. The air temp has been in the mid to upper 70's. I believe it may hit 80 degrees in the next day or two.

I'm hoping to be back on here before Easter. But if I'm not, Have a Glorious Easter!

Dad