Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Improvements

Things are moving along quite well with OT. I've seen major improvement in motion over the past two weeks (5 sessions). Tomorrow, I will be start strengthening my hand and wrist. I'm looking forward to this segment of my OT since I've felt so weak since getting my cast removed.

I was able to go fishing last week and picked up a couple of smallmouth bass. The first was the nicest at 16". I threw just about everything at them and the only things I got a hits on were tubes... black neon (Black with Red Flake) and mudpie (Green Pumpkin with Orange Flake)on a 1/8th oz. weedless tube jighead.

Photobucket

I had a buddy, Mike S., who caught a beautiful 5lb 5 oz. smallie over the weekend. That was a tough task with the rising water and fast current from recent rains. He was fishing a tourney for a fund raiser. It was lunker for the day.

A second big fish came in at 5lb. 3 oz. Both of those fish were perfect springtime smallmouth. The water temps are still in the upper 40's and much cooler than one would suspect for this time of year.

The tourney fish were caught in slower moving eddies against the shoreline bank.